Friday, January 27, 2012

Christmas Ornament Crafting

This year I decided to make ornaments as Christmas presents for my family.  I was inspired by this blog, but I used different images to match my family members' tastes and employed slightly different techniques (I sewed everything instead of gluing parts.)  While Wearing Heels has a great tutorial if you want to make your own, so be sure to check it out.

Here's the ornaments of everyone who was at my parents' house Christmas Eve, except my mom and sister's because they were there when I took this picture.  I stitched the names of everyone on the back, but I was especially proud of the way I mimicked the Purple Rain font on the back of my dad's ornament.  The ornaments are, starting from the upper left and going widdershins Alfred Hitchcock, a dress model, Zatanna, Scott Pilgrim, a Skyrim symbol, an ambulance, Cinderella's slipper, bacon, my cousin's dog, Purple Rain, and a baseball.  I  clearly have a family with varied interests.


For my sister I made Tock to go with the anniversary edition of Phantom Tollbooth I got her.  For my mom I went with the vessel with the pestle from our favorite movie The Court Jester with the inimitable Danny Kaye.



The rest of the ornaments included a cruise boat over Antarctica to celebrate the trip my aunt and uncle went on this Christmas, Buzz Lightyear, a monkey, a basketball, a hippo, a frog, an alien from toy story,  a horse, a robot, and a rubix cube.  



Did anyone else do any crafting this holiday season?  Let me know in the comments.  


No comments:

Post a Comment