Monday, December 11, 2017

Nimona

Nimona

Book talk: Lord Blackheart has been plotting the downfall of the self-righteous do-gooder Sir Goldenloin for years. Ask anyone and they'll tell you that he's a powerful and nefarious villain. Not the type to take a teenage girl under his wing. That's exactly why Nimona wants to become his sidekick. She only wants to work for the best, most evil, scientist and she's determined to land the job. She has a few tricks up her sleeves: her penchant for crime, her bantering skills, and oh yeah, she's a powerful shapeshifter. Together, they'll show the world who's really evil.

Rave: This comic had me laughing from the first page. Even the character names make me giggle. Ambrosious Goldenloin? Come on! Who wouldn't want to take him down a peg? Honestly I'd have been satisfied if it was just hilarious but it has a real heart underneath it all that makes me adore it. I can't recommend it enough.

Every book its reader: I'd give this to students 4th &; up looking for a funny take on the superhero/archenemy trope.

Extras: This is comes early on and I believe it's the precise moment I fell in love with this comic:

Image result for nimona noelle stevenson

Source: school library

Nimona by Noelle Stevenson: buy it or check it out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment