Sunday, February 21, 2010

Zorgamazoo

If you're stuck in your room or you're stuck in a rut,
If your life needs adventure no if, and, or but,
If you love magical creatures and mysteries too,
I've got just the right thing: read Zorgamazoo!


If you want to read rhymes much better than mine: Pick up Zorgamazoo, don't waste any time!  Okay, I'm done.  I promise.  Sorry about that.  Zorgamazoo is a delightful rhyming romp that reminded me strongly of Dr. Seuss, except in long form.  It's apparently Weston's first novel and I'm eager for the next.  In addition to rhyming the novel does a lot of fun things with typography and has illustrations at the beginning of each chapter and all I could think of while I was reading it was how much fun it would be to read aloud.  I even imagined how I'd vary my voice to match each character and different typographic effects.  Another strong heroine in this one, although I think this book could easily be enjoyed by both sexes.  The book is fairly bursting with an exuberant spirit that is infectious and while not terribly deep it's certainly clever and I support its message whole-heartedly.


Zorgamazoo, by Robert Paul Weston.  ISBN: 978-1-59514-199-6

No comments:

Post a Comment