Monday, October 19, 2009

If I Only Had a Job

I could while away the hours, working for the powers
helping your average slob.
And computer keys I'd be tappin' while
purchases I'd be trackin'
If I only had a job.

I'd help solve any trouble for any indivud'le
With a heartache or a sob.
With the people you'd be helpin'
you could be another Halprin*
If you only had a job.

Oh I could help you buy books that wouldn't bore.
I could show you things you've never seen before.
And then I'd sit and show you more.

I would not be just a nothin' my resume full of bluffin'
And throat full with a sob.
I would shop and be happy, Life would be so light and snappy
If I only had a job.

*Yeah I made an obscure reference to a modern dancer to fit the rhyme scheme.  I have a degree in theatre. Deal.

1 comment:

  1. That was adorable! I totally just sat in my apartment singing that! :D

    This is your cousin, Jeanne, BTW!

    ReplyDelete